I know things are dull in Yankeeville right now, but I had to laugh when I went on YES’s web site and there was a link to an AP story with the headline: “Jeter likes Yankees’ chance to repeat.” The article, which consisted of about four sentences, said Jeter was working out in Tampa and told the reporter, “I like the team that we have.” How’s that for earth-shattering news?
My question is…What was Jeet supposed to say when asked how he likes the 2010 version of the Yankees and whether they’ll retain their title as champs? I suppose he could have said:
* “I’m picking the Mariners to win it all.”
* “I’m really mad that Cashman didn’t bring back Damon.”
* “I’ll be crossing my fingers that Nick Johnson doesn’t land on the DL on Opening Day.”
* “I haven’t gotten over how Javy Vazquez caved in ’04.”
* “I don’t want Granderson telling me what I can and cannot eat.”
* “I think A-Rod needs to get back together with Kate Hudson in order for us to win.”
Come on, YES web site. I look to you for actual Yankees updates. You can do a better job. You know you can.